University, Cleveland, OH
1987, Master of Science in Physics
- 1985, Bachelor of Science in Physics
4/04-6/11: Senior Software Engineer, Object Computing Inc., Saint Louis MO.
9/02-3/04: Consultant, Solution
Consultants, Saint Louis MO.
- Developed a FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) driver in C++ which allowed a client's cloud storage filesystem to be mounted as a virtual file system on Linux.
- Developed an interface to digital cameras to acquire real time low resolution video and high resolution still images for use in a speed detection and traffic monitoring system.
- Developed software used in monitoring waste water quality. This software is written in Visual C++ and C# and includes interfacing with equipment in the field (via TCP/IP and modem connections) and includes code for accessing Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Developed a system using OpenDDS and X Windows to demonstrate the feasibility of using inexpensive hardware running Linux to implement an Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS).
- Migrated a large system from IONA ORBIX 3.0.1 to ACE TAO 1.3a.
- Support the OpenDDS implementation, in C++, of the OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS).
6/02-9/02 (short term project): Consultant, CS
- Developed software in C/C++. This software runs on Sun workstations using Oracle and Tuxedo.
- Managed software change control (using PVCS and custom scripts written in ksh and Perl).
6/96-12/01: Consultant, SyllogisTeks, St.
- Modified parallel virtual machine (PVM)
software used to do computational fluid
dynamics (CFD) calculations in order to make the PVM software work in a truly
- This work consisted of rewriting Unix shell
scripts in Perl with the goal of being able to
configure both Unix workstations and Windows PC's
as nodes in a parallel virtual machine.
9/93-5/96: Consultant, Daugherty Systems,
St. Louis, MO
- Participated in the design and implementation
of an automatic software change control system.
This system consists of a GUI client written in
Microsoft Visual C++ running on Windows NT, non
GUI programs written in Microsoft Visual C++
running on Windows NT servers,and UNIX shell
scripts running on a workstation running HP-UX.
All these components connect to a common Oracle
- Developed software for extracting news
articles from wire services
- Developed software enhancements for a work
force management system
6/92-8/93: Senior Programmer/Analyst, Concepts ETI,
White River Junction, VT
- Provided C++ expertise to a client in St.
Louis - this work includes participation in the
development of a user interface for a
telecommunications application (using the Zinc
Application Frameworks under UNIX)
- Developed scientific analysis software used
in bio-medical diagnostic equipment
8/88-5/92: Programmer/Analyst/Site Engineer, Ship Analytics,
North Stonington, CT
- Developed MS Windows based graphical user
interface (using Microsoft C 7.00 and the XVT
Portability Toolkit) for a program used to design
compressors - this program consists of New MS
Windows code and old FORTRAN code and will be
used as a model for migrating other programs to
6/85-8/87: Graduate Assistant, John Carroll
University Physics Department, Cleveland, OH
- Designed and coded software used in complex,
state of the art shiphandling simulators sold to
commercial and military customers
- Designed a feedback system utilizing X
Windows to analyze simulator research data and to
be used by instructors to evaluate student
- Improved hydrodynamic modeling software
- Designed new utilities and updated existing
utilities used to build databases for the
simulator's visual, radar, and environmental
- Provided configuration management for new
releases of software
- Provided on site technical support for
shiphandling simulators purchased by the Korea
Maritime Training and Research Institute in
Pusan, Korea and the Indian Navy in Cochin,
- Conducted research on macromolecules
- Applications Programmer, Fluids Research
- System Administrator for Physics Department
computers running UNIX
- Instructor, Introductory Physics
- Shell Scripting (sh, ksh, bash)
- 80x86 assembly
- VAX macro
- CGI (Perl and C/C++)
- UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Linux, SCO, Solaris)
Experience conducting research on macromolecules
in solution using laser light scattering, osmotic
pressure measurements, gel chromatography
- Music (playing and listening), Drums,
Percussion, Drum and Bugle
- Travel (International and Domestic)
- Golf, Swimming, Sailing