festoon – memo writer
Festoon prepares a memorandum on any undesired topic, containing length
sentences (default is 20) and a specified percent of manufactured nouns
(default is 5), suitable for input to troff(1). Options -p -e -t
(which may be concatenated as -pet ) create pointless pictures, nonsensical equations and useless tables, respectively.
I remember festoon from back when I was graduate student. I stumbled upon the source on GitHub. I’ve created a GitHub repository with a version that will compile on Linux.
Polynomial is a C++ class facilitating the evaluation of polynomials of a single indeterminate.
For example: the following code evaluates f(x) = 2x3 – 3x2 + 4x + 1 for values of x between -10 and 10.
Curlpp is a simple C++ wrapper for libcurl.
I’ve added the following to .htaccess to block referrer spam…
Announcing SQL Server on Linux
- Groundbreaking security encryption capabilities that enable data to always be encrypted at rest, in motion and in-memory to deliver maximum security protection
- In-memory database support for every workload with performance increases up to 30-100x
- Incredible Data Warehousing performance with the #1, #2 and #3 TPC-H 10 Terabyte benchmarks for non-clustered performance, and as of March 7, the #1 SAP SD Two-Tier performance benchmark on Windows1
- Business Intelligence for every employee on every device – including new mobile BI support for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
- Advanced analytics using our new R support that enables customers to do real-time predictive analytics on both operational and analytic data
- Unique cloud capabilities that enable customers to deploy hybrid architectures that partition data workloads across on-premises and cloud based systems to save costs and increase agility
Watch a 120-year-old ‘Millionaire’ machine do some astounding calculations:
Astronomer Clifford Stoll shows off a big, beautiful mechanical adding machine from 1895 in a new Numberphile video.