(17 August 2010) We are pleased to announce the release of OpenDDS version 2.2!
- Completed the implementation of the Content-Subscription Profile (which was begun in version 1.3 of OpenDDS). This includes:
The content-subscription profile can be disabled at compile-time in order to reduce footprint: set the MPC feature “content_subscription” to 0.
- QueryCondition (previously OpenDDS had a partial implementation)
- The code generation tools for OpenDDS have changed in this release. The Perl script “dcps_ts.pl” is no longer used and instead the OpenDDS IDL Compiler “opendds_idl” takes its place. opendds_idl also includes the functionality which used to be in tao_idl and enabled with -Gdcps. Existing applications that use MPC do not need to make any changes unless they happen to depend on some rarely-used arguments to dcps_ts.pl. See the OpenDDS Developer’s Guide for the list of arguments accepted by opendds_idl.
- Renamed odds_repoctl command to repoctl. Add a decorator if needed when installing external to the OpenDDS directories.
- Renamed odds_monitor command to monitor. Add a decorator if needed when installing external to the OpenDDS directories.
- Renamed Wireshark dissector ‘odds’ library to ‘OpenDDS_Dissector’. The source directory was renamed from $DDS_ROOT/tools/odds_dissector to $DDS_ROOT/tools/dissector.
- Fixed transport so it now allows associations between datareaders and datawriters attached to the same transport to work.
- Fixed a bug that causes samples larger than 64K to not work correctly with the SimpleTCP transport.
- Added nak_delay_intervals and nak_max configuration options for reliable multicast to help reduce naks.
- Added support for Ownership qos.
- Added support for GROUP presentation.
- Changed the default DataWriterQos reliability max_blocking_time from infinite to be 100ms to be consistent with spec 1.2.
- A new “configure” script is available to assist with setting up prerequisites for OpenDDS compilation, including optionally downloading ACE+TAO. See the INSTALL file for details.
See the Release Notes for details.